Thursday, October 6, 2011

Puerto Rico

Nathan and I went to Puerto Rico at the end of july. This was my first trip to somewhere that has a tropical climate. I fell in love on the way there. 

When we flew over something this beautiful, I knew it would be amazing!


When we landed in PR [thinking we had arrived at our final destination], a surprise had been planned for us and we hopped on a puddle jumper and headed to the island of Vieques. The plane was tiny. I was certain we were going to plummet to the ground in no time, but we made it safely to the island. [ I almost puked, but managed to keep from doing that too. ]




Vieques is amazing. Horses run free all over the island, and mango trees grow wild. Favorite fruit + favorite animal = i didn't want to leave.



We stayed at the W. It was pretty fabulous.




[ I'd like one of these built in my backyard!]




[ I'd like one of these in my backyard too! ]


After an amazing night in Vieques... [which included a very late night kayak in the Bio Bay. We were taken to the location where we would kayak in a kidnapper pick-up, and we weren't so sure we weren't being kidnapped until we arrived at the bay. then one of our fellow kayakers drifted out to sea without peeping a word or asking anyone for help, whilst 5 other kayaks were attached to her kayak. On our way back from the kayaking adventure, the kidnapper van's trailer got a flat tire. So that was changed in the middle of the night, in the middle of nowhere. The kayaker who was from Long Island and wearing her Michael Kors heels wasn't laughing at this point in the evening. This first night in PR probably ranks as one of my most favorite experiences EVER! Such an amazing and hilarious night. ] ...we headed back to the mainland of PR.

The view wasn't bad from our hotel there, either.







The weather was PERFECT. It was cool and breezy at night, and hot and breezy during the day.





I decided i would have a go at kite boarding. I took a one and a half hour lesson [on land] and then the wind died JUST as I was heading out in the ocean. Awesome! If you've ever kite boarded, you know that it doesn't work so well without the wind. 




The trip was made extra awesome because we were there with some of our very favorite friends. Lots of memories were made, and I fell in love with PR!

1 comment:

The Morrisons said...

Gorgeous. Can we plan a trip there soon? :) Memorial Day in PR. I feel sure it would be one of my favorites too.